News & Alerts
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued a warning about phone calls from criminals pretending to be from the IRS. More information >
- Campus Information Center (CIC) in the Michigan Union and Pierpont Commons is a great resource for visitors. They have many free publications and maps available, including "What Every Driver Must Know", visitor guide, AATA bus schedule, campus and city maps, etc.
- New proposed regulation would continue the STEM extension of OPT with some changes. More information >
- F-1 students with an approved STEM extension of optional practical training (OPT) remain eligible to work despite a recent federal court order. More information >
- As of May 26, 2015, spouses in H-4 status (but not dependent children) are eligible for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) as soon as the primary status holder in H-1B status has an approved I-140 (Immigrant Petition), or has been granted an H-1B extension beyond the standard maximum of 6 years. More information >
- Nonresidents for U.S. tax purposes may wait up to six months for tax refunds. More information >
Study, Work, Travel Abroad
- To view the Education Abroad Office's current open advising hours or to make an appointment, please click here.
- Find out what's going on in study, work, and travel abroad by following the Education Abroad Office's blog, MGoAbroad. More information >
- Effective January 29, 2013, the Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit is closed. Follow these directions to apply for temporary resident (visitor) visas.
Related U-M Resources