News & Alerts
- Online registration for the DV-2018 program ("green card lottery) begins on Tuesday, October 4 at noon and ends at noon on Monday, November 7. More information >
- 4/7/2016: The H-1B cap for Fiscal Year 2017 has been reached. More information >
- F-1 students: If you have been waiting 90 days or more for a decision on your OPT application (Form I-765), you can call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) to tell them that your OPT application is "outside regulatory processing time" and to request expedited processing.
- New OPT STEM Extension regulations take effect on May 10, 2016. View our OPT STEM Extension page for details on how the new regulations may affect you.
- 1/21/2016: New restrictions to the U.S. visa waiver program are now in effect. Fragomen (an immigration law firm) has posted FAQs.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued a warning about phone calls from criminals pretending to be from the IRS. More information >
- Nonresidents for U.S. tax purposes may wait up to six months for tax refunds. More information >
Study, Work, Travel Abroad
- To view the Education Abroad Office's current open advising hours or to make an appointment, please click here.
- Find out what's going on in study, work, and travel abroad by following the Education Abroad Office's blog, MGoAbroad. More information >
- Effective January 29, 2013, the Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit is closed. Follow these directions to apply for temporary resident (visitor) visas.
Related U-M Resources