The International Center Student Council (ICSC) provides globally minded students with a forum to identify and examine issues affecting students. ICSC serves as a direct link between U-M students and the International Center. It is dedicated to helping the International Center fulfill its mission.
- Provide a forum for issues affecting students.
- Maintain open channels of communication among students, student groups, and IC staff.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Promote active engagement between international and U.S. students.
- Represent the international student body as needed on campus or in community.
- Engage in additional projects and activities as determined by the International Center.
Eligibility and Membership
- To be eligible, you must be a student who will continue to be enrolled at U-M for classes in the Fall Term. International scholars and alumni who have already graduated are not eligible to apply.
- Membership is open to both international and U.S. students at all degree levels and all majors.
- Members are a diverse group of current students selected through a competitive application process.
- Members are expected to serve one academic year (Fall 2017 - Winter 2018).
- A leadership opportunity for students to connect with the International Center, student associations, and the greater student population.
- An opportunity for students to see the bigger picture of decisions made at U-M and to help shape them.
- Serve as an ambassador for the International Center.
- Develop cultural sensitivity and understanding of others through intercultural encounters.
- Build skills for effective collaboration with peers across disciplines.
- Identify, plan and implement programs and initiatives to foster a global community.
Meetings and Time Commitment
- ICSC Meetings will be held Wednesdays from 5-6pm in the International Center. Meeting attendance is required. We anticipate the team will meet once a month. However, smaller project teams will meet more frequently based on their needs to discuss and develop programming initiatives.
- On average, members will commit approximately 6~8 hours per month. The monthly team meeting, project team meetings, and attending events count towards those hours.
Application Process and Deadline
Completed applications must be submitted by September 15 for consideration. Applicants will be notified by September 22 if their application has been accepted or not via email.
To apply, please visit http://bit.ly/ICSCMichigan
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org