Welcome back from your study abroad program! As you are adjusting to life back in your home country, we hope that you will pause and spend some time reflecting on the impact study abroad had on you personally, academically, and professionally.
Below, we list some things you might consider getting involved with to continue your intercultural learning on campus and beyond:
- Attend a re-entry workshop organized by the International Center, U-M study abroad office, or study abroad provider.
- Attend events to stay connected with U-M's international community.
- Join an internationally-focused student organization.
- Visit Career Services Offices to identify and articulate the transferable skills you have gained.
- Become a facilitator for English Language Institute Conversation Circles.
- Attend International Career Pathways sessions to find out more about work abroad opportunities.
- Apply for a student staff position at the International Center or education abroad offices on campus through the Student Employment Office website.
- Consider reviewing your study abroad program on the study abroad review website, Abroad101.
- Stay connected to your friends from study abroad, as well as your host country’s culture.