Application Process for Non-UM Programs

Most study abroad programs that are not sponsored by the University of Michigan require prospective students to fill out an application. Applications may require additional fees, essays, recommendations and a GPA requirement.

When filling out program applications:

  • Follow program protocol and apply directly to the program; check-in with your school or college academic advisor(s).
  • Inform program sponsors that an official transcript of your academic work will need to be sent to:

The University of Michigan
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
515 East Jefferson
1220 Student Activities Building
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1316

  • All judicial forms and requests for background checks should be directed to the Office of Student Conflict Resolution
  • All other signatures should be directed to your general academic advisor; for the purpose of these forms, your "study abroad advisor" is your academic advisor