Can I change my status from J-1 to another classification in the U.S.?

Read detailed instructions at Change J-1 Status Within the U.S. on our website. Because of the home residence requirement and other regulations changing your status might not be a simple procedure. You may wish to speak to an advisor before submitting an application.