Do you have great photos from your experiences at U-M, the state of Michigan, or another country?
The International Center invites U-M international and U.S. students, scholars, faculty, staff, and dependents to participate in our 2017 Photo Contest! Submit your photos and see if the judges pick you as a winner to be displayed in the 2017 Global Photo Showcase! Winning photos will be used for the International Center’s website, social media, digital signage, or future event promotion material.
Nature (Flowers, Landscapes, Seasons, Sunset, Trees, Wildlife, etc.)
People (Friends, Culture, Family, Lifestyle, Weddings, etc.)
Architecture (Buildings, Bridges, Cityscapes, Interiors, etc.)
Michigan Experience (a memorable experience in the state of Michigan and/or your best U-M experience!)
- Eligibility: Must be a current international or U.S. student (undergraduate or graduate students). International scholars, faculty, and staff are also eligible to participate.
- Photos: Photos must be your original work. Digitally altered, black/white, sepia, duotone, and panoramic photos will not be accepted. Submit all photos electronically in JPEG format. Winning photos will be enlarged, so please consider the resolution and ratio of your photo. Each photo must be accompanied by a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location. You may enter only one photo per category and the photo must have been taken in 2016 or 2017.
- Deadline: Friday, October 20, 2017, 5:00pm. Submit photos using this online form. You can upload your photos directly onto the Google Form.
- Permission: In submitting a photo, you are granting the IC royalty-free permission to use, reproduce, and distribute your photo(s) in displays related to the contest, future printed and electronic publications, fundraising and promotional materials, and the right to use your name and home country when giving credit to the photographer.
- Judging and Prizes: Photos will be judged on subject matter, composition, technical quality, creativity, and originality. Winners will be notified by Monday, November 6. Winning photos will be enlarged and displayed at the International Educators Global Photo Showcase on Monday, November 13 from 5:30-7:30pm at the Ross Colloquium (6th Floor).
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at email@example.com.