Have you taken any photos during COVID-19 that illustrate the unique times we are currently living in? Maybe a photo from your social distance traveling, a photo of life at U-M (on-campus or remote), or a photo that shows how COVID-19 has changed day-to-day life in your home country or another country? We invite you to participate in the 2020 Global Photo Showcase!
Selected photos will be revealed during International Education Week (November 16-20). They may be used for social media, this webpage, and future event promotional material.
- Category 1: Social Distance Traveling (national parks, weekend/day trips, going “up north”)
- Category 2: University Life During COVID-19 (attending remote classes or events, working remotely, photos from quarantine, favorite Zoom background)
- Category 3: How COVID-19 has Changed Day-to-Day Life (grocery shopping, cooking, how COVID-19 is being handled in your community, photos from Winter 2020 study abroad)
These photos can be from an experience you’ve had at U-M or abroad!
*If your photos include people, please make sure that those people gave consent to getting their photo taken.
- Eligibility: The entire U-M community is eligible to participate.
- Photos: The photos must be your original work. Submit your photo electronically in JPEG format. Please consider the resolution of your photo. Each photo must be accompanied by a 40~50 word description of the event, situation, and location. You may submit only 1 photo from each category (3 total) and the photo must have been taken in 2020. Additional photo requirements can be found in the online submission form (link in next section). Please follow the requirements!
- Deadline: EXTENDED to Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 11:59 PM. Submit your photo using this online form. You can upload your photo directly onto the form.
- Permission: In submitting photos, you are granting the IC permission to use, reproduce, and distribute your photos in displays related to the showcase, future printed and electronic publications, fundraising and promotional materials, and the right to use your name and home country when giving credit to the photographer.
- Judging: Submitted photos will be judged by the International Center. Photos will be judged on subject matter, quality, creativity, originality, and respect for local culture. Finalists will be revealed during International Education Week (November 16 - 20).
If you have any questions, please contact the International Center’s Global Engagement and Education Abroad (GEEA) team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Photo Submissions