How can I temporarily work or do research at the University of Michigan?

If you would like to participate at the University of Michigan as a “scholar”, you should first make contact with a Unit or Department of the University with which you are interested in spending time working and may fit your qualifications. There are many academic and research departments at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. The department would invite you to join them if positions are available. The U-M International Center will help the University department and you with the visa process and issuance of a Form DS-2019 for J-1 status, if appropriate.