Look in the resources sections for practical information about a variety of topics.

Immigration & Visas has information for international students, international scholars, international faculty and staff and U-M departments. 

Taxes & Social Security will help you understand the U.S. tax filing requirements that apply to you, and will explain who is eligible for a U.S. social security number and how to apply if you are eligible. 

The Health Insurance section is primarily designed for F-1 and J-1 students and scholars, and explains how to use the international student/scholar health insurance plan. It also explains the University of Michigan’s health insurance requirement.

Life in Ann Arbor contains information that will be especially useful when you first arrive in Ann Arbor, but also has information about activities and services that you can use throughout your time here.

The Forms section is a searchable list with links to all International Center forms.