Applying for a Refund of Social Security Medicare Tax Withheld in Error

File the following two forms to apply for a refund of Social Security/Medicare tax withheld in error:

The Yale University Office of International Students and Scholars has helpful instructions for completing these forms.


Reviewed and updated February, 2024

The information contained in this web site is not a substitute for advice obtained from the Internal Revenue Service or a qualified tax professional.