From February 8, 2021 until further notice, the International Center will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. These office hours are primarily for document drop-off and pick-up. Our doors will be locked the rest of the day, but the International Student and Scholar Services staff will continue to work remotely to assist you and to process your requests. This announcement has more detailed information about International Center hours.
In general, we recommend email, virtual meetings, or calls to avoid as much in-person contact as possible while the pandemic persists. Unlike the past, we will not hold in-person Walk In hours for Quick Question Advising (QQA). However, there may be occasions when coming to the IC in person is merited or times when our advisors determine that an office visit is the most effective way to address a matter.
We've made the following arrangements so you will be able to submit requests, receive your documents, and receive information and assistance from our advisors.
Immigration Related Questions, Advising, and Appointments
- By Email – You may email any questions for International Student and Scholar Services at email@example.com.
- By Virtual Appointment – If you have many questions, or your situation is complicated, then you may schedule an appointment with an International Student and Scholar advisor by clicking here.
- By Virtual Drop-In – We are hosting virtual “drop-in” advising sessions for students who have quick questions. Drop-in advising hours will not be available when the office is closed, such as on holidays. You may join the “drop-in” advising session by clicking here.
- Monday: 3pm - 4pm
- Tuesday: 3pm - 4pm
- Wednesday: 10am - 11am
- Thursday: 1pm - 2pm
- Friday: 10am - 11am
To Submit Requests/Documents
- By Email - You may submit any request via email. You do not need to meet with an advisor. You may attach the request form and all of the required documents to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Person - You may submit a request in person during our open office hours (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m).
- Contactless Drop Off - We have a drop box located outside our office in the lobby of the Student Activities Building. You may drop off requests during the Student Activity Building’s open hours (Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with MCard access only Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
To Receive Documents
- In Person - You may pick up forms in person during our open office hours (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m).
- Shipping - You may have your document sent to you based on your preferred shipping method in eShip Global (available for domestic and international shipments).
If You Visit the International Center
- Remember that for everyone’s safety, U-M requires you to wear a face covering that covers your mouth, nose and chin anywhere on campus, so please be sure to wear your face covering when you visit our office. Of course, our staff will also wear face coverings.
- With current physical distancing standards, we have very limited space – enough for three people only - in the waiting area inside our office. As such, we have placed and marked lines in the lobby so that you will know where to stand to maintain social distancing. Please read the signs and markers on each line, and wait in the appropriate line until you are called by Front Desk Staff. Please do not crowd around the IC door.
- When our Front Desk staff calls you, please stand on the floor marker, and only approach the counter when the front desk staff directs you to provide or retrieve documents.
- If you are experiencing cough, fever, shortness of breath, body aches or pains, other symptoms of illness or if you have had close or household contact in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, do not come to the IC, even if you have a visit scheduled. Contact your health care provider or UHS. If you have a scheduled visit, we will reschedule it.
- If you have a scheduled visit and will be significantly delayed, please contact us to reschedule.
- After exiting the office, we recommend you wash or sanitize your hands.