Term Break Closing Notice

The International Center is closed for the Term Break and will re-open on Monday, January 3, 2022. In an emergency (for example, you have been in an accident or are being detained at the border), contact the University of Michigan Police Department at 734-763-1131 for assistance. F-1 and J-1 students and scholars: see Re-entry to the U.S. for information about the documents you will need to re-enter the United States. If you do not have all of your required travel documents, you may be directed to secondary inspection or may receive a Form I-515A when you try to re-enter the United States. Form I-515A allows you temporary admission into the US. If you do receive Form I-515A, please visit the International Center and speak with an advisor when the International Center reopens in January. To maintain your nonimmigrant student status, you must submit the required documentation listed on your I-515A to SEVP within 30 days. We recommend that you keep a copy of each document before mailing the original to SEVP.

We also recommend reviewing what is needed to board a flight to the United States as you plan your travel.


Last Updated: 12/28/2021