What should I do if I need more time than my DS-2019 allows to finish my J program?

You may be eligible for an extension of your Form DS-2019 if you have not reached the maximum duration of your J category and have not applied for and received a waiver of the 2 Year Rule. Your sponsoring U-M department would submit an extension request to the International Center on your behalf. For more information on program duration and extension you or your department may contact [email protected].